Taking Music To The Next Level


As it can be figured from my previous posts that I have been learning to play the ukulele and guitar for quite some time now. 

I had started learning guitar in August 2020 while I had started learning the ukulele in September 2019.

The journey has been nothing but amazing and rewarding. While I was sure of myself learning the instruments but what I had misjudged about myself is the capability to learn them in a limited time. I was able to learn ukulele in less than 9 months and guitar in even lesser than 3 months. The rest of the period went into becoming just the better version of myself. Just like any other skill, learning instruments is also about practice.

As of today, I can definitely count myself in the intermediate category of players. I can play any strumming pattern, know all the chords, and can play them without having to look at the fretboard, can play all the barre chords of the guitar without hurting fingers, and sometimes can find chords of some of the songs.

Early this month, I gifted myself the instrument that I had been eying for more than 6 years, the Harmonica! Finally, its turn came after getting rejected twice by the ukulele and the guitar.

Harmonica and Kazoo

Harmonica aka Mouth Organ is way easier than I anticipated; perhaps because I already have been learning other instruments but it has been a fun treat already. I can play some of my favourite English Pop songs from the 80s. It gets tough in some spots but I guess I will be able to manage in a couple of months after which I intend to buy a more professional harmonica. Waiting to see how the harmonica journey unfolds for me.

Oh! I had bought myself a Kazoo too. It is another wind instrument I had bought early this year. It is actually the world's easiest instrument one can find. Kazoo and guitar make a good combination when I wish to play them both. The sound of Kazoo is very unique and as much this instrument looks simple, its capabilities of bringing different sound styles can be surprising.

On top of all, I started putting my cover songs on YouTube in various Indian languages. So far, I have sung songs in Kashmiri, Punjabi, English, Hindi, Bengali, Telugu, Malayalam, and Tamil but somehow I don't feel motivated enough to upload them all on YouTube. 

_______________________
Related articles:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Tale Of Melon City - Storyboard

Lord Ullin's Daughter - Storyboard